Bank of York In The Community
Bank of York has a reputation for being committed to the community we serve. Not only are our deposits and earnings put to work locally, our people are active participants as well. We all work together to improve the quality of life in the community we serve.
Some examples of the community commitment of the Bank of York family are:
- The Bank of York team raised over $12,000 for the American Cancer Society's Relay for Life in 2004.
- The bank provides the funding for the York School District's drivers education car each year.
- The bank, along with some other local businesses, provided funding for the Floyd D. Johnson Technology Center to build a house for resale to teach applied construction techniques and to raise money to do other projects.
- Bank employees volunteered as mentors to students enrolled in the York One Academy, the district's alternative school, and the bank provided funding for materials for the program in 2004.
- The bank sponsors the player of the week during football season and donates money to the Cougar Football program each week in honor of the players.
- Bank of York is a major sponsor of Summerfest and provides many volunteers for the festival each year.
- The bank is a large contributor to the Western York County United Way.
- Bank of York is a major sponsor of the Greater York Chamber of Commerce and has an employee on the Board.
In addition to the above, the bank and its employees are also involved in:
- Western York County Branch of the YMCA
- Rotary Club of York
- York County Community Foundation
- York Jaycees
- City of York Recreation Department activities
If we can be of service, please come by any of our locations or contact us.